not crystallize polyester resin

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

施纪尧

not crystallize polyester resin

Post by 施纪尧 »

Hello everyone, I'm making a polyester resin. As a powder coating. How to make polymers not crystallize in the boiled state :?:Now I have PIA PTA. Whether to use all benzene ring structures ?
Magnus

Re: not crystallize polyester resin

Post by Magnus »

No idea, this is way above my head, I need your help probably, not the other way around. :)

I do know a little about glues, I can esterify glycols and glycerine and oily esters, but thats all. I'm getting some success tho doing it, its working out good for me.

The cool thing I'm trying next is to esterify whilst being inside a solvent, cause polymers are hard to dissolve when they are too solidified and dense, but when they are slimey they can dissolve in just ordinary alcohol, so if I esterify inside the alcohol keep topping up the evaporated solvent, maybe I can get a glue out of it!