Chemistry Equations

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

waltz

Chemistry Equations

Post by waltz »

I am a student in the ninth grade and I need help with the following problems because I do not understand how to do them. I appreciate your help and thanks once again.

7. in 2CO(grams) + O2(grams) => 2CO2(grams), what is the ratio of moles of oxygen used to moles of CO2?

9. when iron rusts in air, iron(III) oxide is produced. how many moles react with 2.4 iron in the rusting reaction? 4Fe(s) + 3O2(g) => 2Fe2O3(s)

22. iron (III) oxide is formed when iron combines with oxygen in the air. how many grams of Fe2O3 are formed when 16.7g of Fe reacts completely with oxygen? 4Fe(s) + 3O2(grams) => 2Fe2O3(s)

23. aluminum reacts with sulfuric acid to produce aluminum sulfate and hydrogen gas. how many grams of aluminum sulfate would be formed if 250g H2SO4 reacted with aluminum?

24. how many liters of chlorine gas can be produced when .98L of HCl react with excess O at STP? 4HCl(g) + O2(g) => 2Cl(g) + 2H2O(g)

27. which would be the limiting reagent in the reaction: 2H2(g) + O2(g) => 2H2O(g)

a. 50 molecules of H2
b. 50 molecules of O2

31. at STP, how many liters of oxygen are required to react completely with 3.6 liters of hydrogen to form water? 2H(g)+ O2(g) => 2H2O(g)

37. if 8.6L of H2 reacted with 4.3L of O2 at STP, what is the volume of gaseous water collected (assuming none of it condenses)? 2H2(g) + O2(g) => 2H2O(g)

38. how many liters of O2 are needed to react completely with 45L of H2S at STP? 2H2S(g) + 3O2(g) => 2SO2(g) + 2H2O(g)

39. for the reaction 2Na(s) + Cl2(g) => 2NaCl(s), how many grams of NaCl could be produced from 103g of Na and 13L of Cl2 (at STP)?

46. how many grams of CO are needed to react with an excess of Fe2O3 to produce 209.7gFe? Fe2O3(s) + 3CO(g) => 3CO2(g) + 2Fe(s)