help ME!!! exoterm and endoterm reaction...

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

St_indhiez

help ME!!! exoterm and endoterm reaction...

Post by St_indhiez »

please help me to answer this question...

why an exoterm reaction is usually spontaneous reaction?? not like an endoterm one...

I'm begging U... hahaha
ewhite11

Post by ewhite11 »

my notes say that exo- is spontaneous b/c (in essence) energy is released without the help of an outside force, in an endo- energy is absorbed with and always needs the help of an outside force...hope that helps, if it makes any sense :?
paully

Post by paully »

an endothermic reaction requires an external source to trigger the reaction eg boiling water and an exothermic reaction gives off heat

eg 2HCl + 2Zn = 2ZnCl + H2 + heat you should have noticed your solution heating up as an any acid metal reaction takes place