Receptor

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

Deniska

Receptor

Post by Deniska »

Hello, I wonder if anyone could help. I have a homework:

Take the situation where it is decided to modify structure

H2N – bnezene ring - O - CH3

by adding an SH group to the molecule so that the existing – NH2 group and the added – SH group achieve a fit on the receptor:

benzene ring – CH2 – NH2

The target is also to retain the benzene ring, the OCH3 group and the –NH2 group unchanged.
Draw the structural formula on your final choice of a molecule that is a good fit and explain how you arrived at this answer by summarising the steps in your method. Include in your answer one structure that you rejected on the grounds that it is not a good fit.

If your final choice of a molecule were able to bind to the adrenalin receptor Isopropyl: CH (CH3)2 , what effect would you expect it to have on the body?

I have made a model of both structure and receptor, but I am strugling where should I add SH to make it fit the receptor. Can someone help please?

Many thanks.

De