please help me

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

T-roy

please help me

Post by T-roy »

hello everyone I need some help on these problems:

1)Identify the reducing agent in the equation -
Cd+Ni02 +2H20 = Cd (OH)2 + Ni (OH) 2

2)If excess metal is added to 100mL of a solution containing 0.30 M AgNO3, how many grams of metal are displaced?

3)A 25.00 mL sample of an aqueous solution of an aqueous solution of
Ba(OH)2 requires 18.45 mL of 0.01500 M HCl (aq) for its neutralization. What is the molarity of the Ba(OH)2 solution?

3)What is the spectator ion in the equation NaOH and HCl?

4)How many grams of iron are formed by the reaction of 6.0 g Al with excess iron oxide, according to the following unbalanced equation?
Al + Fe2O3 = Fe + Al2O3

any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
Vitalii
Staff Member
Staff Member

Re: please help me

Post by Vitalii »

T-roy wrote: 1)Identify the reducing agent in the equation -
Cd+NiO2 +2H2O = Cd (OH)2 + Ni (OH) 2
Cd
T-roy wrote: 2)If excess metal is added to 100mL of a solution containing 0.30 M AgNO3, how many grams of metal are displaced?
0.1 L 0.3 mol/L * Mw(Ag)
T-roy wrote: 3)A 25.00 mL sample of an aqueous solution of an aqueous solution of
Ba(OH)2 requires 18.45 mL of 0.01500 M HCl (aq) for its neutralization. What is the molarity of the Ba(OH)2 solution?
(18.45 * 0.01500 / 2 ) / 25
T-roy wrote: 3)What is the spectator ion in the equation NaOH and HCl?
Na+ and Cl- are spectator ions
T-roy wrote: 4)How many grams of iron are formed by the reaction of 6.0 g Al with excess iron oxide, according to the following unbalanced equation?
Al + Fe2O3 = Fe + Al2O3
Balanced:
2Al + Fe2O3 = 2Fe + Al2O3
(6 /Mw(Al) ) * Mw (Fe)