PhD application

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

nArA

PhD application

Post by nArA »

Hi I have some questions regarding my current PhD application chances. I am a master degree student now with 3.83 cGPA and one published paper in a journal with IF 20.1. However, my bachelor performance was very poor, cGPA was 2.6. Maybe a good thing is that in most chemistry related classes I got B or higher during my bachelors. Now I have very good relationships with my supervisor and other faculty staff, so its very likely they will provide good recommendation letters.
What do you think about my chances? Is bachelor GPA a milestone in the application process?
Just wanna know some advice on how to improve my application or just simple thoughts about it.
ChenBeier
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Re: PhD application

Post by ChenBeier »

I would ask the universities requirement. But degrees mostly not so important to get things done. Later in a job nobody ask for it.
Mnaiosa

Post by Mnaiosa »

It is my intention to inquire about the prerequisites at academic institutions. On the other hand, degrees are usually not that crucial for getting things done
spacebar clicker
ChariseLan

Post by ChariseLan »

While your bachelor's GPA may be a factor in the application process, it is not necessarily a definitive indicator of your potential for success in a PhD program. prostadine