Has anyone tried chloroform?

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

sprotz

Has anyone tried chloroform?

Post by sprotz »

I tried for a month to make chloroform and i am starting to get it right. So far I only managed to make a few ml of chloroform from 10% bleach and acetone. I scooped the chloroform that settled at the bottom of the mixture and poured it into a small bottle. I breathed in a few drops of that and within 2 minutes I started to get dizzy and heavy headed as if I was about to faint. But then after 5 minutes or so, I recovered. It seems the dosage is not enough to lose consciousness. I have never been unconscious.

So I am curious if anyone has managed to knock themselves unconscious by smothering themselves in a rag soaked in chloroform. I am also wondering what the experience is like to be unconscious.
ChenBeier
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Re: Has anyone tried chloroform?

Post by ChenBeier »

Sorry we dont discuss this kind of things.