Ag4O4 (how to make) with CLO2

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

MaciMu

Ag4O4 (how to make) with CLO2

Post by MaciMu »

Hi, I figure that Ag + ClO2 = unknown
by using online calculators. So I tuned the formula with a wishful outcome into this:
2 ClO2 + 4 Ag = Ag4O4 + 2 Cl

Now Ag4O4 is a patented and non sold silver oxide that cures Aids with a single injection.

So WHAT is really happening when someone would add CDS into colloidal silver as in the above formula? Is that truly the result? I can't seem to find an answer in the last decade of people wondering.

Thanks for all the support!
ChenBeier
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Re: Ag4O4 (how to make) with CLO2

Post by ChenBeier »

Nothing.
Silvertetroxide is made from silverions already.
In practise silver nitrate is treated with Peroxosulfate under alkaline conditions.
Chlorine compounds are the wrong Tool, because they create AgCl precipitates.

By the way we dont discuss, medial applications.
MaciMu

Re: Ag4O4 (how to make) with CLO2

Post by MaciMu »

Thank you for the quick reply.

I am OK with not discussing the purpose of medicine of course. It just served as example where the question came from, as a puzzle unsolved and patented, so nobody would know HOW to make Ag4O4 in reality. I tried to purchase it, and it was only listed in 1 company worldwide, and they "would not have it for sale". So it is not for sale and patented to not be able to learn how to make it.

I still wonder, what comes out when ClO2 is mixed with pure H2O and Ag+/Ag nano particles of 1-30nm size.

The optical observation is a color change from yellow solution into clear, which kind of hints the shrinking of particle size from somewhat 500nm light filtering size or density into likely smaller pieces that let the light through, as no fallout is observed. I'd need an electron microscope for that.

On the contrary I found growing of particle size be the case from 28 to 30nm when boiled for 3hours.

Anyhow, there might be silver oxide present in this mixture of nano silver already and eventual even silvertetroxide. How to get only silver tetroxide remains occult it seems.

Thanks for any thoughts on this.