2019 is the International Year of the Periodic Table!

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

sjomk1n

2019 is the International Year of the Periodic Table!

Post by sjomk1n »

The Periodic Table of Chemical Elements is one of the most significant achievements in science, capturing the essence not only of chemistry, but also of physics and biology.

1869 is considered as the year of discovery of the Periodic System by Dmitri Mendeleev, Russian scientist . 2019 will be the 150th anniversary of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements and has therefore been proclaimed the "International Year of the Periodic Table of Chemical Elements" by the United Nations General Assembly and UNESCO.

Did you know that? It seems to me, that most of chemists ans especially students don't know it. Sadly
nikita sjomkin and so on
ChenBeier
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by ChenBeier »

Yes It is sadly.

I have seen in a report, there is a building in Russia in St. Petersburg I beleave where the whole facade is painted as the PSE.

https://de.123rf.com/photo_65903159_rus ... de-de.html