Reaction Intermediates

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

bobert16

Reaction Intermediates

Post by bobert16 »

Hi, I have the following net reaction:
CCl2F2 + O3 + O -> CClF2 + Cl + 2O2

This is the given mechanism:

1. Rapid Equilibrium: CCl2F2 <-> CClF2 + Cl
2. Slowest Step: Cl + O3 -> ClO + O2
3. Fast Step: ClO + O -> Cl + O2

I had to find the reaction intermediates. I identified Cl and ClO, as they are produced and consumed without affecting the overall reaction. However, there is at least one more I am missing. I would really appreciate the help in finding the other intermediate... my mind is drawing a blank.
Xen
Sr. Staff Member
Sr. Staff Member

Re: Reaction Intermediates

Post by Xen »

bobert16 wrote:Hi, I have the following net reaction:
CCl2F2 + O3 + O -> CClF2 + Cl + 2O2

This is the given mechanism:

1. Rapid Equilibrium: CCl2F2 <-> CClF2 + Cl
2. Slowest Step: Cl + O3 -> ClO + O2
3. Fast Step: ClO + O -> Cl + O2

I had to find the reaction intermediates. I identified Cl and ClO, as they are produced and consumed without affecting the overall reaction. However, there is at least one more I am missing. I would really appreciate the help in finding the other intermediate... my mind is drawing a blank.
I suppose that CClF2 is an intermediate because it converts back to CCl2F2 in rapid equilibrium.
ganesh777
Location: Plot No. 6011, G.I.D.C Estate, Ankleshwar, Gujarat, India - 393002.

Post by ganesh777 »

Shree Ganesh Remedies Limited is an Indian Pharmaceuticals company and one of the proud subsidiaries of the Ganesh Group of Industrie which is presently having its headquarter in Ankleshwar in Gujarat.Shree Ganesh Remedies Limited’s core activities chiefly consist of manufacturing & export of Pharmaceutical Intermediates & Fine Chemicals and Research & Development. In the short span of time, we have emerged as most promising pharmaceutical intermediates manufacturers. Our consistent supply, quality products and dedication towards clients have opened up many international avenues for our growth. We also delivers service of contract manufacturing for almost all chemical reactions like amination, amidation, alkylation, bromination, catalytic hydrogenation and chlorination.

pharmaceutical drug intermediate |pharmaceutical intermediates manufacturers | pharmaceutical manufacturing companies in India |FINE CHEMICALS |Toll Manufacturing Services |API Intermediate manufacturer |pharmaceutical chemical reaction technologies
praharit
Location: Plot No. 38/11, Near Air Liquide, GIDC, Jhagadia - 393 110 (Gujarat) India 02 (Gujarat) INDIA

Praharit Pigments - Top pigment manufacturers in india

Post by praharit »

ChenBeier
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by ChenBeier »

No comercial spam please.