studying lab prep of common reagents

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

rentsdar34

studying lab prep of common reagents

Post by rentsdar34 »

Please to professsional chemists/experts:

I'm studying the different or typical lab preps of common reagents like CO2 N2 H2 HCL CO, is this a good use of my time? I aspire to doing some kind of bench work after graduating with -MS-. im just 2 years into a BS...i have so far to go!. It is also discouraging to hear people say chemistry majors are becomming a dime a dozen. You really MUST have the MS to get good job unless u wanna clean glassware or do easy titrations, easy wet methods, almost mindless stuff. I'm remaining positive and devoted to study. There is so much to learn. Chemistry is intimidating.. to me more so by the scope of its subject matter... like someone who says 'history'...so huge!!!!! with so many classifiocations and categories, sub-categories. I need to settle into a specialty asap.