Manganese Reaction

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

coolscheid

Manganese Reaction

Post by coolscheid »

I originally posted this in the General Discussion, because I didn't see this forum.

I could use some help. It has been a long time since I have performed any balancing, and need to know how to write the solution for the following chemical reaction.

Mn2O3 + KMnO4 = ????

Can anyone assist? I am trying to write the reaction for manganese greensand regeneration, and I do not know what the fate of K will be. Any assistance would be most appreciated.
vhpk

Post by vhpk »

Does this reaction happen in acidic solution, base solution or water or in another solution
coolscheid

Post by coolscheid »

This reaction is in drinking water treatment. The product of this equation should produce MnO2 in order to regenerate the manganese greensand. I am just not sure of the fate of the potassium. Can you help?