substance separation

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

manolocdg

substance separation

Post by manolocdg »

hello, i recently have been working with polyvinyl alcohol, and i was wondering, i mixed the polyvinyl alcohol with water that contained a dye that was water soluble, the polyvinyl alcohol hardened and it got painted with the dye, but now i want to separate the dye from the polyvinyl alcohol, i tried soaking it in water until the polyvinyl alcohol dissolved again, then heating up the mixture in a common stove until thin layers of the rubber like alcohol began to appear on top, with a wooden spoon i fished them out, but now the mixture appears murky and still i cant get the solid form of the dye.

thanks for your time