Help ASAP!!!!!

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

Geesha16

Help ASAP!!!!!

Post by Geesha16 »

Hi anyone

i need a bit of help with my chemistry homework...

if ethanoic acid is poured over solid calcium oxide what is the product and what is the balanced chemical equation for the reaction??

i need a reply asap

thankyou soooo much
hasleaman

re

Post by hasleaman »

okay well you know that solid calcium oxide is just plain old calcium oxide in an equation. so okay you'd have CH3COOH (thats the ethanoic acid part) + CaO
now to figure out what this would produce you just have to figure out what kind of a reaction is taking place. If you can't figure it out just comment me back oh and i wrote one question that i needed help on so if you have any idea please comment.
Amanda
Geesha16

Post by Geesha16 »

ok yeaht that makes sense,the reaction i think is an acid + Base i know that if it is an acid + base then the product will = metal salt +H2O, although dont what the metal salt produced would be tho???

thank u :)