Wants to learn chemistry, at least some

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

easypeasyac

Wants to learn chemistry, at least some

Post by easypeasyac »

Hello;

I graduated from biology faculty and works as a molecular biolog in cell culture lab.

I want to learn chemistry at least at high school level. I know that is quite hard to learn chemistry without education but i want to try.

Can anyone suggest me some books, for start the learning chemistry from the beginning.

Thank you for your helps.
newdomer

Re: Wants to learn chemistry, at least some

Post by newdomer »

Chemistry is an experiment-based subject, through which experiments can provide an in-depth understanding of the principles and processes of chemical reactions. Therefore, it is recommended to conduct more experimental operations to improve experimental skills and experimental design capabilities.
newdomer

Post by newdomer »

There are many basic concepts and terms in chemistry, such as molecules, atoms, chemical bonds, compounds, chemical reactions, etc. It is recommended to have a deep understanding and mastery of these concepts in order to better understand chemical knowledge.
Cogito ergo sum
uecyclist

Post by uecyclist »

Certainly! Here are a few book recommendations to help you start learning chemistry at the high school level:

"Chemistry: The Central Science" by Theodore L. Brown, H. Eugene LeMay Jr., and Bruce E. Bursten.

"Chemistry For Dummies" by John T. Moore.
"The Cartoon Guide to Chemistry" by Larry Gonick.

"Cracking the AP Chemistry Exam" by The Princeton Review (if you prefer a study guide for exam preparation).

These books provide a solid foundation in chemistry and are suitable for self-study. Remember to practice with exercises and examples to reinforce your understanding. Good
alihaaso

Post by alihaaso »

uecyclist wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:50 am Certainly! Here are a few book recommendations to help you start learning chemistry at the high school level:

"Chemistry: The Central Science" by Theodore L. Brown, H. Eugene LeMay Jr., and Bruce E. Bursten.

"Cracking the AP Chemistry Exam" by The Princeton Review (if you prefer a study guide for exam preparation).

These books provide a solid foundation in chemistry and are suitable for self-study. Remember to practice with exercises and examples to reinforce your understanding. Good
I cannot find Chemistry For Dummies anywhere
easypeasyac

Post by easypeasyac »

uecyclist wrote: Mon Nov 20, 2023 12:50 am Certainly! Here are a few book recommendations to help you start learning chemistry at the high school level:

Thank you, I will get them.