zinc acetate dihydrate+tea polyphenols→ZnO NPs

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

青苹果

zinc acetate dihydrate+tea polyphenols→ZnO NPs

Post by 青苹果 »

Could someone please tell me how zinc acetate dihydrate and tea polyphenols react to produce zinc oxide nanoparticles?
I’m really trying to figure it out how much zinc oxide was produced in this reaction,but it's too hard for me :(
All I know now is that it might be like this: Zn(CH3COO)2·2H2O+ C22H18O11 →Zn(OH)2 + C2H4O2 + H2O +
Zn(OH)2→ZnO+ H2O
theresamiera

Re: zinc acetate dihydrate+tea polyphenols→ZnO NPs

Post by theresamiera »

I think the correct balanced equation for the reaction between zinc acetate dihydrate (Zn(CH3COO)2·2H2O) and tea polyphenols (C22H18O11) would be:

Zn(CH3COO)2·2H2O + C22H18O11 → Zn(OH)2 + 2CH3COOH + H2O

In this equation, zinc acetate dihydrate and tea polyphenols react to form zinc hydroxide, acetic acid (CH3COOH), and water.

To produce zinc oxide nanoparticles, further steps would be required. One common method is to heat the zinc hydroxide obtained from the reaction to convert it into zinc oxide. The reaction can be represented as:

Zn(OH)2 → ZnO + H2O
ChenBeier
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Re: zinc acetate dihydrate+tea polyphenols→ZnO NPs

Post by ChenBeier »

The equation is not balanced, what happens to the polyphenol.