Questions Muriatic Acid

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

gamer87

Questions Muriatic Acid

Post by gamer87 »

If I use Muriatic Acid for bathroom cleaning will this acid vapor evaporate and run through my house and deposit in electronic appliances and metal parts initiating corrosion oxidation?
questions acid vapor
ChenBeier
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by ChenBeier »

Of course it will. Who has the crazy idea to use this acid for cleaning the bathroom. It will etch also your metal parts like taps, sinks, etc. in the bathroom.
I think for this purpose cleaners are on the market, which are not so aggresive.
gamer87

Post by gamer87 »

ChenBeier wrote:Of course it will. Who has the crazy idea to use this acid for cleaning the bathroom. It will etch also your metal parts like taps, sinks, etc. in the bathroom.
I think for this purpose cleaners are on the market, which are not so aggresive.
the acid concentration in the Muriatic solution is high? i don't feel any symptoms
questions acid vapor
ChenBeier
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by ChenBeier »

Which grade you bought? Concentratet HCl has a percentage about 37% w.w. it is already releasig fume, if open the bottle.
gamer87

Post by gamer87 »

ChenBeier wrote:Which grade you bought? Concentratet HCl has a percentage about 37% w.w. it is already releasig fume, if open the bottle.
Mine has not written concentration but 37 or 38% is a lot? generates steam that spreads throughout the house depositing in all electronics and corroding metals?
questions acid vapor
ChenBeier
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by ChenBeier »

Yes of cours it corrodes everything. The content should written on the bottle.
gamer87

Post by gamer87 »

on the bottle has written 37%
I don't see smoke, don't cough
questions acid vapor
gamer87

Post by gamer87 »

ChenBeier wrote:Yes of cours it corrodes everything. The content should written on the bottle.
on the bottle has written 37%
I don't see smoke, don't cough
questions acid vapor
gamer87

Post by gamer87 »

i live in Brazil
questions acid vapor