FeEDTA Concentration

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

Knowledgethirst

FeEDTA Concentration

Post by Knowledgethirst »

Please Help!
For gold dissolution in Sodium Thiosulfate solution, I have to add FeEDTA at a concentration of 0.002 mole for one liter solution. I have with me Ferric sulfate and EDTA (Ethylenediaminetetraacetic acid) separately. Please advise me how many grams of ferric sulfate and EDTA I have to dissolve into the solution respectively.
Thanks!
expert
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by expert »

People use copper as a catalyst. Oxygen is necessary for oxidation. The process is very touchy.

file:///C:/Users/AG/Downloads/SGS%20MIN%20WA018%20Thiosulphate%20Leaching%20Alternative%20to%20Cyanide%20in%20Gold%20Processing%20EN%2011.pdf
Remember safety first! Check MSDS and consult with professionals before performing risky experiments.