step growth polymerization

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

syarif

step growth polymerization

Post by syarif »

Oh my friends, I can't solve the polymerization reaction in polycondensation reactor.. I have difficulty to understand the mechanical and chemical reaction in polycondensation reaction especially in step growth polymerization for producing polyethylene terephtalate from PTA and EG, How the monomer become polymer in melted state and polymer become polymer with hight intrinsic viscosity in solid state polycondensation so degree of polymerization can achieved required molecular weight of PET bottle grade, How the reaction happen?? Huh.. I'm very confuse because there are different references explain the mechanism and kinetical of its reaction and non of them explain it clearly. I hope can solve immediately..anyone can help me? thank u very much.