Predicted Appearance of Elements

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

asmi162

Predicted Appearance of Elements

Post by asmi162 »

I have the elements Fr, Ra, Po, At, and Rn. How would I be able to tell which one resembles the element immediately above it the least in appearance, and which one reacts most exothermically with water? How would I go about finding this information? Any help would be much appreciated. ^_^
chempass

Re: Predicted Appearance of Elements

Post by chempass »

asmi162 wrote:I have the elements Fr, Ra, Po, At, and Rn. How would I be able to tell which one resembles the element immediately above it the least in appearance, and which one reacts most exothermically with water? How would I go about finding this information? Any help would be much appreciated. ^_^
You need just to look at the corresponding elements one row above:
That is Cs, Ba ...
For example Fr should be similar to Cs and react most exothermically with water.