HYDROPONIC NUTRIENTS

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

tjcollins2010

HYDROPONIC NUTRIENTS

Post by tjcollins2010 »

hi ,

I'm trying the following:

mixing:
(a) 50 grams of NPK (where NPK ration is 18:18:5, and N is in the form of N2, and P is in the form of P2O5, and K in the form of K2O) + 0.5 gm of B + 11.5gm of Mg + 3gm of Fe + 0.5gm of Mn + 0.5gm of Zn + 0.5gm of Cu + with 500ml of Water (H2O) taken from a reverse osmosis system (that is pH of water is 7.7, TDS is 039, and CF/EC is 0.0)

(b) 97gm of CaCl2 + 500ml of Water (H2O)

then i took 5ml from the solution number (a) + 5ml from solution (b) above and mixed them with 1000ml Water (H2O)

The reading was pH 5.8, TDS 795, CF/EC 1.7.

Now the question is: the more CaCl2 i add gives higher CF/EC reading, which is good. However, the pH drops down to 5.7. with the above compostions i need to maintain both readings pH between 5.5 and 6.6 and the CF/EC between 2.2 and 2.7. HOW CAN I DO THAT. AND HOW CAN I GET A BALANCED CHEMICAL EQUATION?

thank you all for your help on this