eyedrops are they save ?

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

rrheyn

eyedrops are they save ?

Post by rrheyn »

i found in eyedrops that me wife took for years,
different components that makes me worry, of course when you speak with a doctor he/she dennies that. She has now a special cancer in the brains and she thinks that it can be an influence from that stuff.
the drops contains 1) benzalkoniumchloride 0.01%, 2)benzododeciniumbromide 0.01% and 3)MSD the main engredient.
on Wikipedia : see 1 it has three main categories of use ; as a biocide, a cationic surfactant and phase transfer agent.
- she eats properly, sleeps well, has no overweight,no alcohol, no smoking habits, but the trouble started when she began with this drops 5 years ago.
is it possible that this molecules can damage and migrate to her brains ?
When they did an operation to see whats the real problem was they found tumors; anaplastis astrocytoom. the first time was 8mm on a MRI scan, after the operation 14 days later it was already 12mm, 50 % grown on 14 days. Now radiation will be the next step and chemo.
expert
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by expert »

Are you sure she wasn't using the same bottle for years?
Remember safety first! Check MSDS and consult with professionals before performing risky experiments.
rrheyn

eyedrops

Post by rrheyn »

Dear sir, miss,
she has used many kinds, with different quality from an official pharmacy and prescribed by a doctor.
I don't know there is a link with here illness now,...but it seems that nobody knows the cause of so many braintumors now, like this rare one anaplastic astrocytoom.
thanks anyway,
Rob