Substances

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

tomlib

Substances

Post by tomlib »

Can someone explain to me how it is possible that organic compounds with different arrangements of carbon and hydrogen have such different properties, when only with different arrangements they are completely different substances, such as plastics, drugs, solvents and other substances. It is not clear to me how this is possible and where the essence of the matter is.
Is it possible to synthesize more and more substances based on benzene? Where are the rules of synthesis spelled out? If I create some lures with elements with known properties, there should also be rules for their products and at least partially known their properties. Is it explained somewhere? I'm trying to understand a bit, but so far it looks like from the Wiki
that everything is very much about electronegativity and electrical properties of elements and hydrogen and somehow their natural properties and reactivity are partially forgotten.

I need know to I can look to Wiki with better look of matter and try understand.

:evil: :D :idea:
ChenBeier
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Re: Substances

Post by ChenBeier »

Study chemistry 8 years, in easy words its not to explain.