Sodium Adsorbtion Ratio (SAR) Reagent Wanted

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

CHris__H

Sodium Adsorbtion Ratio (SAR) Reagent Wanted

Post by CHris__H »

Hi all, I am after a Sodium Absorption Ratio (SAR) Reagent EDTA Solution for a titration method to conduct SAR tests. I believe the main solutions to conduct this test is a Calmagite Indicator Solution and the above reagent solution. Hanna instruments don't stock the reagent solution anymore :(

I would love any help in obtaining some solution from knowledgeable members.

my thanks in advance.
ChenBeier
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Re: Sodium Adsorbtion Ratio (SAR) Reagent Wanted

Post by ChenBeier »

EDTA solutions are common for determine Calcium, Magnesium and others.
Calmagite is not so much known, but a substitute called Eriochrom Black is in use.

https://www.google.com/url?q=http://zd2 ... DemUih_BtS
CHris__H

Re: Sodium Adsorbtion Ratio (SAR) Reagent Wanted

Post by CHris__H »

Thanks for your reply ChemBeier really appreciate you taking the time to reply. Do you (or anyone else) know if there is an "off the shelf" titration kit for testing SAR using a titration method (apart from the Hanna instruments discontinued kit)? I am not a chemist or trained in chemistry but could conduct simple titration-style testing and calculations to achieve SAR values.

kindest regards :)