Balance chemical equation for incident in Bhopal (1984)

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

sonia

Balance chemical equation for incident in Bhopal (1984)

Post by sonia »

Hi, I am looking for the balance chemical equation for the incident in Bhopal (1984).
This is the paragraph I have in my school book about it, and I have found different equation but I have no idea which is the right one. Thank you!

December 2 1984
During the night in the City of Bhopal in central India is a disaster occurs at the chemical plant of the company Union Carbide they cooked up a chemical called carbaryl ( C12H11NO2 ) commercially called Servin. Which is one of the intermediate stages in the manufacture of carbaryl . Requires the use of a chemical called methyl isocyanate ( C2H3NO ) . Methyl isocyanate is a colorless transparent liquid having a ranger pronounce also be used in the manufacture of rubber adhesives and it is a highly flammable substance . methyl isocyanate soluble in water, but it also reacts with water to produce carbon dioxide and a hazardous compound of urea .

Le 2 décembre 1984
Pendant la nuitdans la ville de Total en Inde central une catastrophe c'est produit À l'usine de produit chimique de la société unions carbide cuisine c'est impossible appeler carbaryl (C12H11NO2) commercialement appele Servin. Quelle est une des étapes intermédiaires dans la fabrication du carbaryl. Nécessite l'emploi d'un produit chimique appeler isocyanate de méthyle (C2H3NO). isocyanate de méthyle c'est un liquide incolore transparente qui présente une rôdeur prononcer utiliser également dans la fabrication du caoutchouc et des adhésifs il s'agit d'une substance très inflammable. isocyanate de méthyle soluble dans l'eau, mais elle réagit également dans l'eau pour produire du dioxyde de carbone et un composé dangereux de l'uree.