College Level Chemistry Problem

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

shoulie_07

College Level Chemistry Problem

Post by shoulie_07 »

Hi- I was wondering if someone could help me solve this pre-lab question because i cant even get the balanced equation to do the IRE table.
Heres the question:

At a temperature significantly different than room temperature a solution was prepared by pipetting 10.00mL of 1.98 * 10 ^(-3) M Fe(NO3)3 solution (in 0.1 M nitric acid) and 4.00mL of 1.98 * 10 ^(-3) M NaSCN solution (in 0.1 M nitric acid) into a 25mL volumetric flask and filling to the mark with deionized water. calculate the equilibrium constant for this reaction at this temperature given that the equilibrium concentration of FeSCN2+ was found to be 1.03 * 10 ^(-4) M. ( Note: the answer is 700)

If anyone could help me solve this i will be forever grateful! thanks!

-sam