EDTA solution standardization?

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

iyikka_22

EDTA solution standardization?

Post by iyikka_22 »

I'm conducting lab to determine water hardness. I'll be looking for the calcium carbonate something, and then converting it to something else to obtain molarity and all that.

HOWEVER, I must titrate my water sample with EDTA. I only need about 150mL of standardized EDTA.

One procedure told me to standardize EDTA with 1000mL and 4.000 g of EDTA. My EDTA didn't dissolve and I sought ways to improvise.

When I finally got my water boiling before I added my 4.000 g of EDTA, I poured about 15mL into the buret, before I had to go to the bathroom.

When I came back, my EDTA white particles where apparent again in my buret and I don't know what to do.

How much EDTA in g do I need to standardize 150mL of water?