from school: Thermal dissociation and dissociation pressure

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

Rodion

from school: Thermal dissociation and dissociation pressure

Post by Rodion »

Dear friends!

I hope I translate proper:

"If we know how much energy we should spent on creating Mn3O4 from components, how then should we evaluate the temperature at which this oxyde shall dissociate in the air. Also the dissociation pressure for this oxyde is given (very low in Pascals, I said)"

I would be extra glad if you help me understand this topic. One little girl (studying in university, I mean) asked me if I could explain her to solve some education "problems" from "chemistry physics". I think I solved 3 puzzles, but stuck with fourth (given above). I think it is due to lack of special knowledge (I am electronics developer, so I made great websurfing to understand and solve first tasks - I found it excitingly interesting ;-)

So I ask firstly for some book or formulas - I want to understand how all this matters are connected.

sincerely yours,
Rodion