Le Chatelier's - Rates of dissolution/solution

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

jeanius

Le Chatelier's - Rates of dissolution/solution

Post by jeanius »

I'm currently working with a Ag/Pt Clarke electrode, and devising software and DAQ around it, and I'm not a chemist, so much of the material involved here is a bit foreign. When sensing oxygen or hydrogen with this electrode, I'll be sensing dissolved gas levels in water above atmospheric saturation, and sometimes below. I'm trying to figure out a rate, based upon (gas in solution/saturation level), of oxygen and hydrogen either leaving or entering solution. I know it will also involve temperature, pressure, surface area, volume, and maybe other variables I haven't considered, but any sort of starting point (or complete answer :D ) would be appreciated!