Please can someone help me solve this?

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

jovinovi

Please can someone help me solve this?

Post by jovinovi »

I am trying to solve a possible reaction between chloroquine phosphate and ADP (Adenosine diphosphate) to produce ATP. My idea is that chloroquine would either act as a catalyst to produce ATP by donating itsphosphate group or it reacts directly with ADP to produce ATP. Possibly: C18H26ClN3.2H3PO4 + C10H15N5O10P2.
I'm an agriculturist in need of a real chemistry guru. Please help.
expert
Distinguished Member
Distinguished Member

Post by expert »

Although Chloroquine binds ATP-binding cassette transporters http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chloroquine it doesn’t mean that you can use it easily for making triphosphate from diphosphate. You need energy for that. Maybe in organisms it’s possible in the presence of appropriate enzymes. In vitro people usually make triphosphates from monophosphates and pyrophosphates.
Remember safety first! Check MSDS and consult with professionals before performing risky experiments.
jovinovi

Post by jovinovi »

thanks for your comment. I actually used it on low motility spermatozoa and it has a rejuvenating effect on them. It increases mass activity and thus progressive motility. in spermatozoa I am of the opinion the mitochondria contained in the tail piece are responsible for the energy of the spermatozoa. Since this reaction takes place in the mitochondria don't you think this is what is happening?