Balancing Chemical Reactions

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

nicolam73

Balancing Chemical Reactions

Post by nicolam73 »

Can somebody please help with these equations please? Tried the online balancer but it says there is an error.

_NaOH(aq)+_FeCl3(aq)=_Fe(OH)3(s)+_NACl(s)

_Na2CO3(aq)+_HCl(aq)=H2O(l)+_CO2(g)+_NaCl(s)

Thankyou in advance[/code]
sharan
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by sharan »

Do not put the states such as (aq) in the equation while balancing and secondly it is NaCl not NACl "Na" is correct. Andm why do you have "_" before every compound. Keep it simple.

3 NaOH + FeCl3 = Fe(OH)3 + 3 NaCl

The second one does not really have any problem just that DO NOT put underscores _ in front of every compound.

Na2CO3 + 2 HCl = H2O + CO2 + 2 NaCl

hope that helps...

-Sharan
nicolam73

Post by nicolam73 »

When I do it on the balancer I dont put in the (aq) etc or the underscores. I put them in because that is how it is printed on my paper. The underscores represent where i have to put a number to make the equation balanced. I hope that makes sense.
Thankyou