I need help with OLED essay!!!

Chemistry and homework help forum.

Organic Chemistry, Analytical Chemistry, Biochemistry, Physical Chemistry, Computational Chemistry, Theoretical Chemistry, High School Chemistry, Colledge Chemistry and University Chemistry Forum.

Share your chemistry ideas, discuss chemical problems, ask for help with scientific chemistry questions, inspire others by your chemistry vision!

Please feel free to start a scientific chemistry discussion here!

Discuss chemistry homework problems with experts!

Ask for help with chemical questions and help others with your chemistry knowledge!

Moderators: Xen, expert, ChenBeier

richard Blake

I need help with OLED essay!!!

Post by richard Blake »

Im a student at a community college please help this is what I have so far as my essay: (as you read you can see I am pulling information from alot of sources and taking a guess)

Organic OLEDs are Organic Polymers which emit light when a voltage is applied to them. These polymers specifically are divided into 3 colors as are many display technologies Red, blue, and green.
These screens which are gaining tremendous popularity and have created new wealth in startup companies are cheaper to produce more energy efficient and producing a higher quality picture than any other technology to date including LCDs.
This is a typical overview of the structure of a POLED or Polymer Organic Light Emitting Diode Screen.
It will be layers a Indium Tin Oxide (ITO) will be used for the Anode or + charged surface. And a transparent Cathode In between there is the Organic Light emitting Polymers. This must be accomplished through nano-scale diodes from the Bus bar to individual surface pixels. Each Compound being used must be selected for optimal luminance, energy efficiency, true color, and durability. These Pixels are probably secured in there circuits by a organic none electro luminant non conductive transparent polymer. This these screens are created using self assembled monolayer’s.
These are the organic compounds used to generate the following colors on individual pixels:

So I don't know what the chemicals are for the individual colors Red Green and blue. Also I need someone to tell me if Im way off on this essay like I said I took a guess based on what information I have found easy available off the internet. So please correct me if I am way off.
Can someone please help me finish this essay
richard Blake

I found a good web site however it doesnt really answer

Post by richard Blake »

http://www.bgsu.edu/departments/chem/fa ... ensing.htm
Come on guys someone throw me a freaking bone here.
Zedekiah
Staff Member
Staff Member

Post by Zedekiah »

I know nothing about OLED's, sorry.